Sawaga River Press is an independent press committed to publishing books that explore and celebrate children’s experiences in the Filipino diaspora. We especially love stories rooted in Filipino indigenous spirituality and in the values of the indigenous people in the lands where Filipinos dwell.
Sawaga River Press is the publishing arm of a 501(c)(3)nonprofit, Libro Para Sa Tanan, A Literacy Project, which was originally created in 2008 to promote literacy in Malaybalay, Bukidnon, Philippines.
We value indigenous wisdom and spirituality, inclusion, diversity, equity, and the right to self-represent.
- Inspire young minds to read
- Bolster children’s self-esteem
- Foster a sense of belongingness
- Encourage learning about children’s cultural roots
- Incorporate Filipino languages and dialects
- Increase representations of diversity, inclusiveness, equity, and justice in children’s literature.
How we work
- Publishing children’s books
- Classroom readings
- Guidance for new authors and publishers
- Community events and organization
- Conferences and panels
- Civic engagement and advocacy
- Public presentations for groups upon request
Please contact us regarding any of these services.